As a veteran of the Silicon Valley, having been VP of Engineering or CTO in over a dozen of venture-backed companies, I diagnose and effect change quickly.
Ignoring the formulaic recitations of “Lean startup”, “Agile Software Development Methodology”, “Micro-services architecture” and other buzzword-inspired canned approaches, I craft solutions that leverage real-life successs, and are tailored to the company maturity, its market and competition, its culture and resources (IP, financials, human).
- Increase velocity of product development: methodology, talent, tools, organization, etc
- Scope covers software development as well as the end-to-end product creation value chain: i.e. Product management, development, QA, DevOps, data center, professional services
- Assess technology and align technology roadmap with product roadmap and resources
- Recommendations for technology, strategy, methodology, etc are driven by company growth stage and business context
- 1on1 mentoring/coaching
- Assist in the adaptation to Silicon Valley from France/Europe including leveraging my network
- Access to SVSG (svsg.co) resources, as needed: CTOs, developers for both advisory and turn-key projects
- Interim, or part-time, Engineering leader
- Engineering team turn-around
- Agile coach
- Product and technology roadmap
- Engineering best practices: product architecture, methodology, organization, etc
- Investment, or M&A, due diligence
- Any special projects related to Development, QA, Product Management, DevOps, IT Operations, Professional Services
My blog is inspired from real-life experiences from my day job as VP of Engineering. I have corresponding presentation materials, as well as the ability to coach and affect change.
Contact: bfraenkel at gmail dot com
Image Credits: http://mashable.com/2015/05/21/golden-gate-bridge-construction/#nSEngyEyEkqO